Direct Loan Program
This program helps borrowers to finance fixed assets. it is utilized in conjunction with bank financing. VEDA may either make its own direct loan or purchase a portion of a bank loan.
- Individuals, partnerships, corporations or limited liabiility companies engaged in manufacturing, processing, warehousing, research and development, recycling, travel & tourism, information technology and other businesses as definited in statute;
- Applicants must demonstrate potential to create/retain employment for Vermonters or import capital into Vermont.
Use of Proceeds
- Purchase of land and building, including new construction or renovation;
- Purchase and installation of machinery and equipment, furniture and fixtures;
- VEDA cannot finance or refinance existing company assets or debt.
Loan Rates and Terms
- Attractive variable rates, adjustable on a quarterly basis. Click here for current rates and fees;
- Term for real estate loans is 10 years, generally amortized on a 15-year basís;
- Term for machinery and equipment loans is generally 5-7 years based on the useful life;
- In certain circumstances, a fixed interest rate may be available for large loans. Talk to your VEDA loan officer.
- VEDA may not fund more than 40% of the cost of the project. Typically, a bank will lend 50% of the project and the remaining 10% will be provided by the borrower; and
- The maximum amount of any direct loan can be up to $1.5 million, and $2.0 million for certain energy-related projects.