Drinking Water State Revolving Loan Fund
This program provides funds to repair or improve existing privately-owned drinking water systems.
- Privately-owned community water systems;
- Privately-owned nonprofit, non-community public water systems;
- Borrowers must be reviewed and recommended by the Agency of Natural Resources.
Use of Proceeds
- Obtain requisite permits, design, plan, construct, repair or improve an existing eligible water system to comply with federal and state standards.
Loan Rates and Terms
- Term of up to 20 years – up to 30 years for nonprofit community systems serving low-income residents;
- Repayment deferred for one year from completion of project;
- Administrative fees in lieu of interest rates are set for each project based on the average household income of the water system users, and range from 3% to minus 3%.
- No fees are charged.
Applicants should contact the Agency of Natural Resources directly for information regarding financing your water improvement project. Learn more on the Department of Environmental Conservation website.
Questions and applications can be addressed to:
Celia Riechel, Project Developer