Vermont State Infrastructure Bank (SIB)
The State Infrastructure Bank (SIB) program, operated by the Vermont Economic Development Authority in conjunction with the Vermont Agency of Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration, is available to assist in the construction or reconstruction of highways, roads and bridges, as well as certain facilities related to rail transit. Also, in certain cases, electric vehicle charging stations and natural gas refueling stations available for public use are eligible for SIB financing.
- Municipalities, regional development corporations or political subdivisions of the state;
- Private sector companies that have entered into a contract with a public authority to carry out a qualified project.
Use of Proceeds
Projects eligible under Title 23 or Title 49 of the United States Code of Regulations, such as:
- Construction or reconstruction of highways, roads and bridges, and pedestrian facilities;
- Construction of certain rail transit or public transit facilities;
- Construction and/or installation of electric vehicle charging stations and natural gas refueling stations available for public use.
Loan Rates and Terms
- 3% fixed for loans to private sector borrowers;
- 1% fixed for loans to municipal-type borrowers and for electric vehicle charging stations;
- Loan term may not exceed 30 years with repayment commencing no later than five years after completion of project; loan terms for electric vehicle charging stations will depend on available cash flow;
- Required borrower equity contribution to project is 10-20%.
- 2% commitment fee;
- $50 credit report fee (if applicable);
- $18 flood insurance certificate (if applicable);
- Appraisal reimbursement (if applicable);
- Document recording/discharge fees;
- No application fee.
- All loan decisions are made by the SIB Board of Directors;
- All federal and state environmental permits and other approvals must be obtained for SIB projects;
- Applicants are advised to discuss their proposed project with SIB Staff prior to submitting the application; and
- Vermont State Infrastructure Bank applications may be obtained from the VEDA office.
- Please Contact Us to begin the SIB application process.