Updated: January 9, 2020
10/09/2020 - VEDA is closely monitoring all ongoing developments of COVID-19. Our primary focus is the safety and well-being of our borrowers and employees, as well as implementing disaster relief programs to help Vermont businesses.
VEDA remains fully operational but our offices are closed to the general public until further notice. Essential staff are available on-site to ensure consistent business operations and customer service but the rest of our staff is working remotely from home, like many other companies and institutions t. We are fully equipped, able and ready to continue to service all needs.
If you need to reach one of us, please feel free to email or call directly. Our staff directory can be found here and general inquiries can be directed to (802) 828-5627 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay tuned to this page for updates as they become available.
Disaster Relief Financing
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Please note: Updates on the next phase of PPP are expected soon.
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Applications are available on this page, including simple Form 3508S for PPP loans under $50,000 (released October 9, 2020), as well as Form EZ and the regular applications.
- Vermont Expanded Economic Recovery Grants
- The Expanded Economic Recovery Program Grants program is no longer accepting applications.
- Stay tuned to the ACCD website for more information.
- ACCD hosts regular webinars on Wednesday's at 3 p.m. with disaster relief program updates.
- Vermont COVID-19 Agriculture Assistance Programs
- The Dairy Assistance and Agriculture and Working Lands Applications is no longer accepting applications.
- Sign up for the Agency of Ag newsletter to receive program updates.
- Vermont COVID Arrearage Assistance Program (VCAAP):
- This program stopped accepting applications in December 2020. Stay tuned to the Department of Public Service website for current information.
- Water Quality Grants for Vermont Farms
- Farmers can apply for a grant of $5,000 -$40,000 for capital improvement projects that have a positive impact on water quality. Apply by March 2021.
- Learn more and apply on the Vermont Housing Conservation Board website.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture: Business & Industry Cares Act Program:
- The USDA Business & Industry Cares Act Program has funds available for rural businesses and agricultural producers impacted by COVID-19. Loans must be used as working capital to prevent, prepare for or respond to the effects of the pandemic. Apply by September 2021.
- Apply for this program through your lending institution or VEDA: fill out our Contact Us form or call (802) 828-5627 to speak with a loan officer.
- U.S. SBA Debt Relief Program (SBA Website)
- Under this Program the SBA will make six months of interest and principal payments on all SBA guaranteed loans, including new loans for working capital as, or funds for equipment and renovations as businesses reopen.
- Please contact your VEDA loan officer or VEDA’s Commercial Lending group for information on how to best use these subsidized funds.
- U.S. SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) (SBA Website)
- USDA Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (USDA Website)
Make sure to follow these links for the most up-to-date news and guidance from our partners, including: