Updated: November 17, 2020
VEDA continues to closely monitor ongoing developments of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Our primary focus is the safety and well-being of our borrowers and employees as we implement new emergency loan programs that can help Vermont businesses survive these health and economic crises.
VEDA remains fully operational, but all four offices – Montpelier, Burlington, Middlebury and St. Johnsbury – are currently closed to the general public until further notice. Essential staff is available on-site to ensure consistent business operations and customer service. The rest of our staff is working remotely from home, like many other companies and institutions across Vermont. We are fully equipped, able and ready to continue to service all needs.
If you need to reach one of us, please feel free to email or call directly. Our staff directory can be found here and general inquiries can be directed to (802) 828-5627 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay tuned to this page for updates as they become available.
Disaster Relief Financing
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Please note: The SBA is no longer accepting PPP applications.
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Applications are available on this page, including simple Form 3508S for PPP loans under $50,000 (released October 9, 2020), as well as Form EZ and the regular applications.
- Vermont Expanded Economic Recovery Grants
- Vermont COVID-19 Agriculture Assistance Programs
- The Dairy Assistance and Agriculture and Working Lands Applications is no longer accepting applications.
- Sign up for the Agency of Ag newsletter to receive program updates.
- Vermont COVID Arrearage Assistance Program (VCAAP):
- Anyone suffering economic hardship from COVID-19 can apply for funds to help with past-due balances of most utility bills. Learn more and apply on on the Department of Public Service website.
- Save up to $40 a month on your home internet charges from March to December 2020 through the VT Temporary Broadband Subsidy program.
- Water Quality Grants for Vermont Farms
- Farmers can apply for a grant of $5,000 -$40,000 for capital improvement projects that have a positive impact on water quality.
- Learn more and apply on the Vermont Housing Conservation Board website.
- U.S. SBA Debt Relief Program (SBA Website)
- Under this Program the SBA will make six months of interest and principal payments on all SBA guaranteed loans, including new loans for working capital as, or funds for equipment and renovations as businesses reopen.
- Please contact your VEDA loan officer or VEDA’s Commercial Lending group for information on how to best use these subsidized funds.
- U.S. SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) (SBA Website)
- USDA Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (USDA Website)
Make sure to follow these links for the most up-to-date news and guidance from our partners, including: