Agricultural Energy Loan Program
This program, administered by VEDA’s agricultural loan organization, the Vermont Agricultural Credit Corporation (VACC), helps Vermont agriculture- and forest product-based businesses to finance qualifying renewable energy generation and energy efficiency improvement projects, and to adopt technologies that enhance or support the development and implementation of renewable energy or energy efficiency, or both.
- Vermont individuals, partnerships, for-profit corporations, and limited liability companies planning to undertake a project for construction of or improvements to a renewable energy generating facility; to make energy efficiency improvements to an existing facility; and/or to adopt technologies that enhance or support the development and implementation of renewable energy or energy efficiency, or both.
- Must relate to a project undertaken by an agriculture- or forest product-based company for renewable energy generation and/or energy efficiency improvements and/or energy technology;
- Purchase of land and buildings, new construction or existing facility renovations or refurbishment;
- Purchase and installation of machinery and equipment;
- Payment for design, engineering and permit fees relating to an eligible project;
- VACC can finance or refinance existing assets or debt relating to an eligible project.
Loan Rates and Terms
- Attractive variable rates (See Current Rates and Fees page);
- Loan term and amortization determined on a case-by-case basis, up to 20 years;
- In certain circumstances, a fixed interest rate may be available. Talk to your VACC loan officer.
- The portion of the cost of an eligible project that VACC can finance is negotiable. Discuss this with your VACC Loan Officer;
- Maximum aggregate loans outstanding to any borrower at any time may not exceed $2 million. This limit is subject to adjustment each year.
- 0.5% commitment fee with $250 minimum and $2,500 maximum;
- Independent Engineer Review fee;
- $25 credit report fee;
- $18 flood insurance certification (if required);
- Appraisal reimbursement (if applicable);
- Document recording/discharge fees;
- No application fee.
- In most cases loans up to $350,000 may be approved internally by VACC staff;
- Loans exceeding $350,000 are presented to the VACC Board monthly for consideration;
- Applicants are advised to discuss their proposed project with a VACC loan officer prior to submitting the application;
- Applications may be downloaded or obtained from the VACC office.