The Vermont Economic Development Authority offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer. Current job openings at VEDA and VACC:
Commercial Loan Assistant
Team-oriented individual sought to fill the position of Commercial Loan Assistant in VEDA’s Montpelier office, providing administrative and technical support to Loan Officers and the Commercial Lending Team. The position requires an upbeat professional with computer proficiency particularly in Microsoft Office including Excel, strong written and verbal skills, accuracy, attention to detail, and organization. Familiarity with business, lending, financial records and an Associate’s Degree is required.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Or mail it to:
Vermont Economic Development Authority
58 East State Street, Suite 5
Montpelier, VT 05602-3044
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews write-up and commitment letter for preparation of all loan documents;
- Reviews real estate and personal property opinions, title insurance, corporate evidence, leases, contracts, and permits provided by legal counsel and others;
- Schedule and attends loan closing;
- Provides contact and assistance to attorneys, Loan Officers, borrowers and other lenders daily;
- Drafts documentation for all other business, i.e., note modifications, consolidations, assumptions, consents;
- Maintains escrow accounts and disburses funds in a timely manner;
- Maintains compliance of closed loans;
- Inputs accounting database information;
- General back-up for the Director.
5-7 years of experience within a legal setting.
- Ability to maintain high level of accuracy and organization;
- Ability to set and maintain work assignment priorities;
- Ability to effectively communicate within various levels of the financial organization;
- Knowledge of sound, effective loan closing/processing techniques;
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word/Outlook/Excel software;
- Ability to learn and maintain accounting and document management applications;
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
Please email resume to Louise Anair, VEDA’s Senior Loan Closing Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vermont Agricultural Credit Corporation (VACC), a component of VEDA, also has some job openings to fill. VACC is nonprofit corporation which provides credit to farmers, agricultural facilities, forestry and forest products businesses whose financing needs are not being fully met by conventional agricultural credit sources. With each position, some travel within the state of Vermont will be required.
To apply for any of the following positions, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with VACC in the subject line, or mail to:
Vermont Agricultural Credit Corporation
58 E. State Street, Suite 5
Montpelier, VT 05602-3044
Agricultural Loan Officer
Experienced individual sought to fill the role of Agricultural Loan Officer to visit farm and forestry applicants and borrowers throughout the state, analyze and prepare loan requests, service a diverse loan portfolio and perform annual financial analyses. Knowledge of agricultural and/or forest industry, strong written and verbal skills, excellent customer service and computer literacy are required. Prefer previous agricultural lending experience, proven team approach and a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Agricultural Loan Assistant
Team-oriented individual sought to fill the position of Agricultural Loan Assistant in VACC's Middlebury office, providing administrative and technical support to loan officers. The position requires an upbeat professional with computer proficiency, strong written and verbal skills, accuracy and attention to detail. Familiarity with agriculture, financial records and an Associate’s Degree is preferred.
Agricultural Credit Analyst
Motivated individual sought to fill the position of Agricultural Credit Analyst who will support loan officers by providing credit investigation and analysis of loan applications and servicing accommodations. Knowledge of agricultural/forest industry, strong written and communication skills, excellent customer service and computer literacy required. Prefer previous experience as a credit analyst or similar position and a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.