Junior Loan Closing Officer
VEDA is seeking to hire a full-time Junior Loan Closing Officer whose primary responsibilities will be to prepare all agricultural, commercial and SBA loan documents for all VEDA loan programs and project related duties.
VEDA’s Junior Loan Closing Officers are members of VEDA’s Closing Department, working under the supervision of the Director of Closing.
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews credit analysis and commitment letter to determine loan documents to be used and other items necessary to close the loan.
- Preparation of loan document packages for all VEDA loan programs.
- Reviews UCC filings to determine VEDA has proper collateral position.
- Prepare UCC filings for filing with the Vermont Secretary of State and local land records.
- Reviews real estate and personal property opinions, title insurance, corporate evidence, leases, contracts, insurance and permits provided by legal counsel and others. Provides assistance to loan officers and loan closing officers daily.
- Maintains escrow accounts and disburses funds in a timely manner.
- Breaks-down closed loan files and inputs information in accounting database.
5 years of experience within a legal setting preferred; specialized paralegal and financial institution experience is beneficial.
- High-level of accuracy and attention to detail, proofing for content, grammar, spelling and typographical errors.
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and perform under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of sound, effective loan closing/processing techniques.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word/Outlook/Excel software.
- Ability to learn and maintain accounting and document management applications;
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Perform special projects and assists other employees, as assigned.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
Working conditions are in a standard office environment. The successful applicant must exhibit a desire to innovate, learn new tasks, and accept a changing and evolving workload.
VEDA offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
Please email resume to:
Heidi van Gulden
Director of Closing
Vermont Economic Development Authority