Loan Closing Officer
VEDA is seeking to hire a full-time Loan Closing Officer whose primary responsibilities will be to prepare all agricultural, commercial and SBA loan documents for all VEDA loan programs; and conduct closings and maintenance of closing documentation; and project related duties.
VEDA’s Loan Closing Officers are members of VEDA’s Closing Department, working under the supervision of the Director of Closing.
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews loan approvals and commitment letter in preparation of loan documents.
- Reviews real estate and personal property opinions, title insurance, corporate evidence, leases, contracts, insurance and permits provided by legal counsel and others.
- Communicates and coordinates with all parties in each transaction, schedules and attends loan closings.
- Provides assistance to attorneys, loan officers, borrowers and other lenders daily.
- Drafts documentation for certain Other Business requests to aid Servicing Department when necessary, i.e. consolidations and assumptions from other lenders.
- Maintains escrow accounts and disburses funds in a timely manner.
- Inputs information in accounting and document management databases.
- 7-10 years of experience within a legal setting; specialized paralegal and financial institution experience is preferred.
- High-level of accuracy and attention to detail, proofing for content, grammar, spelling and typographical errors.
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and perform under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of sound, effective loan closing/processing techniques.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word/Outlook/Excel software.
- Ability to learn and maintain accounting and document management applications.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
Working conditions are in a standard office environment. The successful applicant must exhibit a desire to innovate, learn new tasks, and accept a changing and evolving workload.
VEDA offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
Please email resume to:
Heidi van Gulden
Director of Closing
Vermont Economic Development Authority