VEDA has an immediate opening for a full-time Executive Assistant in its Montpelier office.
This position reports directly to the CEO and performs a wide range of administrative and managerial support duties. The position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The position also includes responsibility for office management duties. This is a key position requiring strong decision making and time management skills, as well as the ability to handle confidential information, interact directly with Board Members and maintain the highest professional standards.
The Executive Assistant directly supervises the Administrative Assistant to the Executive Assistant position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to correspondence and interfacing with Board Members and other key stakeholders.
- Prepare for and attend Board Meetings.
- Coordinate new Board Member on-boarding process.
- Draft minutes of Board meetings.
- Plan, organize and implement events, such as the VEDA Annual and Strategic Planning Meetings.
- Provide wide range of support, including composing and editing letters, memoranda, proofreading documents.
- Track Board Member expense accounts (VEDA, VT504, SIB) and coordinate reporting with Finance.
- Act as a resource for all administrative staff as needed.
- Schedule meetings, appointments and manage travel itineraries for CEO.
- Create and maintains filing systems.
- Participate in coordination of office events with other staff, such as summer and holiday parties, retirement parties, as appropriate.
- Act as primary liaison with vendors for office facilities (property manager, cleaners, gardener, etc.)
- Serve as primary contact for VEDA’s tenants in Montpelier offices.
- Coordinate office safety protocols, including emergency evacuation plans and keep written plans up to date.
- Ensure office supplies are kept in stock and within budget.
- Contribute to VEDA’s success by accomplishing related duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or higher is preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in mid- to senior-level administration, business, management or related field.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High degree of professionalism and ability to work with confidential information.
- Prior experience supervising a plus.
- Able to concentrate on multiple problems and tasks at once.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Vendor management and tenant relations experience a plus.
- General office conditions.
- Some travel to satellite office and VEDA events required.
VEDA offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
Please email resume to: