Agricultural credit analyst officer
VEDA has an immediate opening for a full-time Agricultural Credit Analyst in its Montpelier office.
This position will work under the supervision of the Director of Agricultural Lending and general direction of the Agricultural Loan Officers, providing credit analysis and loan origination and loan servicing support.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review loan applications and other requests for completeness.
- Work with and support Agricultural Loan Officers to analyze applications for new credit and servicing accommodations on existing loans.
- Prepare loan narratives/credit write-ups describing and analyzing the following:
- Project sources and uses.
- Project strength and weaknesses.
- Market and business risk.
- Collateral inspections and valuations.
- Financial performance and condition of borrower, including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow analysis and commentary on financial trends.
- Management ability.
- Business plans.
- Recommendation with loan terms and conditions.
- Prepare credit write-up for review by the assigned Agricultural Loan Officer, Senior Agricultural Loan Officer, internal loan approval committee and potentially the VEDA Board.
- Review and update new financial information for existing borrowers.
- Directly contact loan applicants, existing borrowers and other loan participants to obtain additional information.
- Conduct on-site visits with Agricultural Loan Officers or independently to meet with applicants and existing borrowers to discuss their businesses and proposed projects or other actions.
- Analyze UCC searches and credit bureau reports.
- Review documentation regarding disbursements of VACC loan funds from escrow/construction accounts to fund project expenses.
- Support loan officers in analyzing potential loan losses and participate in discussions setting loan loss reserves.
- Interact with VEDA borrowers, other lenders and industry partners in a courteous and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned/requested by Management.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in agricultural economics, finance, accounting, business, animal science, or related field.
- Minimum two years of experience in agricultural and/or commercial loan credit analysis or related work and knowledge of agricultural and/or forestry and forest products businesses.
- Knowledge of agricultural loan credit analysis, including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow accounts, management capability, general creditworthiness, collateral adequacy as well as typical characteristics of specific
- Ability to work well with others, including lenders, management, and staff.
- Ability to relate well with existing borrowers and loan applicants.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and aptitude to learn other software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- General office conditions.
- Regular automobile travel throughout the State of Vermont may be required with site visits to farms and other businesses and events.
- Participation in and attendance at events representing VEDA outside of normal working hours.
VEDA offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
Please email resume to:Cheryl Houchens
Chief Risk & Resources Officer
Vermont Economic Development Authority